[Gambas-user] Resizing a form

Werner wdahn at ...1000...
Sat Nov 21 17:03:47 CET 2009

On 21/11/09 23:43, John wrote:
> Hi All
>        I have joined this list this morning.
> I have tried to find the answer to the following question.
> Sorry if this has been asked many times in the past.
>
> When a user changes the size of a form by dragging its corner or by
> clicking on the maximum button I would like the controls on the form to
> get bigger or smaller along with the form.
>
> vb.net has the anchor property. vb6 has the form resize event.
>
> What I am asking is how to I do the same in Gambas?
>
> Thank you for your time in reading this E-Mail.

Hello John and welcome.

When you are in design mode of the ide and you have the form in question
in front of you please right-click on the form.
A popup menu will appear, whose second entry is "Event".
use that and a list of events pertaining to a form come up. There is a
resize event.

If you select that you will be thrown into the code editor with a
skeleton resize event routine waiting for you.

The form also has a "Scaled" property which might help to keep order in
the jungle. I've never used it.

Regards

Werner Dahn