[Gambas-user] File select broken ?

Pino Zollo pinozollo at ...626...
Thu Nov 19 16:22:52 CET 2009

I have just realized that my old code does not work any more in selecting .jpg
files.

Now I am using Gambas 2.17 but I do not know which release made it wrong.

Selecting the directory with my .jpg files it appears empty.

I have to select  All Graphics .* to see them and then the selection works.

Here is a segment of the code.

Regards

Pino
-------------------------
' Filter for our user file open dialog. All image types supported by Gambas
PRIVATE FUNCTION FileFilter(OPTIONAL All AS Boolean = FALSE) AS String[]
  DIM filter AS NEW String[]
  IF All THEN
    filter.Add("*.png *.jpeg *.jpg *.bmp *.gif *.xpm")
    filter.Add("All Graphics")
  END IF
  filter.Add("*.png")
  filter.Add("Portable Network Graphics")
  filter.Add("*.jpeg *.jpg")
  filter.Add("Joint Photographic Experts Group")
  filter.Add("*.bmp")
  filter.Add("Windows Bitmap")
  filter.Add("*.gif")
  filter.Add("Graphics Interchange Format")
  filter.Add("*.xpm")
  filter.Add("X PixMap")
  IF All THEN
    filter.Add("*")
    filter.Add("All Files")
  END IF
  RETURN filter
END

PUBLIC SUB ToolButtonQSLa_Click()
   DIM scale AS Float

  Dialog.Filter = FileFilter(TRUE)
  Dialog.Title = "Select the front side QSL image"

  IF Dialog.OpenFile() THEN RETURN
     PictureBoxQSLa.Picture = Picture.Load(Dialog.Path)
     PictureBoxQSLa.Resize(PictureBoxQSLa.Picture.Width,
PictureBoxQSLa.Picture.Height)
     img = Image.Load(Dialog.Path)
     qsl_afile = Dialog.Path
     tempFile = User.Home &/ "thumb.png"   ' PostgreSQL has no rights to read
in Temp()
      IF img.Width > thumbSize OR img.Height > thumbSize THEN  '----- Calc
factor to scale isotropic
        scale = Min(ThumbSize / img.Width, ThumbSize / img.Height)
        img = img.Stretch(img.Width * scale, img.Height * scale, TRUE)
      END IF
        img.Save(tempFile)
        EXEC ["chmod", "666", tempFile] WAIT  ' give rights to PostgreSQL
        PictureBoxThumb.Picture = Picture.Load(tempFile)
CATCH
  Message.Warning("Error loading image:\n\n" & ERROR.Text)
END
--
Key ID: 0xF6768208
Key fingerprint = B16D 0A7C 5B29 A334 CE6A  71F6 EAF8 3D88 F676 8208