[Gambas-user] wish

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Wed Nov 18 13:02:17 CET 2009

On Tuesday 17 November 2009, Jerry McBride wrote:
> On Tuesday 17 November 2009 09:55:03 Jean-Yves F. Barbier wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It would be (very) nice to have the possibility to freely format text
> > in ValueBox for I/O (may be the same syntax as in DBase screens).
> >

> My wish would be the ability to compile gambas and not have to drag in
> anything from KDE or Gnome....
>
> It should be optional....

It can be compiled as you wish and optional is also true. :)

But think seriously about you question.
If you want to make a program and it must be visible in
a graphical way, how should it been shown?.

QT/KDE is uded for the IDE so that one must be drag in.
QT as toolkit and for KDE the basic libs at least.

Gambas is simple a Basic language to interact with the box.
People use it as replacement for the bash/python/perl/awk
scripts and C/Java/Pascal/Delphi program languages.
Both can make shell and graphical programs.

If you do not want KDE/Gnome drag in then you can program your files
with VI/VIM/Emacs/nano/joe as you like and manage on your own the
files and structure of them.

Ohh and don't cry if you can't use it on the desktop because missing QT/GTK.

Best regards,

Ron_1st