[Gambas-user] Checkboxes with columnview

Werner wdahn at ...1000...
Sun Nov 8 16:56:39 CET 2009

Werner wrote:
> Alex Bartonek wrote:
>
>> (ok, I cant post to Gambas on Nabble but direct to the list I can. So here's my question).
>>

>> I'm using gambas 2.16 on my linux box.  I'm importing a text file into a columnview and I want to be able to "check" (aka. select) which records I want by checking them or unchecking them.  Is this possible?
>>
>> In the meantime I got a work-around.  I created another field in the columnview and am fixing to add some code for when you "click" on a row, it changes the "X" (a check) to a "blank" (unchecked). Not very pretty but it works.
>>
>> -Alex
>>

> Sorry, I misread your post. You propably want something similar as used
> in a web based environment (i.e "Edit Selected").
> I don't think a columnview can do that.
>
> But there are several ways to build a subset of what is being displayed.
> To illustrate, I made a little jukebox demo some time ago. Maybe it's a
> useful alternative. One advantage is that the user has control of the
> ordering of the subset.
>
> Regards,
> Werner

I correct myself yet again (before somebody else does :-)  ).
The first column allows a picture to be dispayed before the text. You
might use that  to display a tick mark or you could even put one of two
chechbox pictures there (marked/unmarked).

I'll let you know when I change my mind again :-)

Regards,
Werner