[Gambas-user] Multithreaded Programs

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Thu Nov 5 19:21:50 CET 2009

> I pretty much agree.
> Gambas as well as other RAD languages are very good for GUI
> programming, and generally for not CPU intensive purposes.
> If you really need speed, use libraries written with C/C++ or similar.
> BUT it would be very nice if Gambas could handle most things so
> quickly that you don't need to use C/C++.
>
> Maybe Gambas could launch multiple interpreters to enable
>  multi-threading..? But I think you have already considered and discarded
>  that idea...
>
> Maybe interpreter itself should use multi-threading?
> Although I don't know is there yet any good way to do that, meaning
> without installing TBB or similar to enable
> easy using like parallel_for, parallel_loop etc.
>
> Jussi

I don't like doing that, but hey, here is an authoritative argument. :-)

"A computer is a state machine. Threads are for people who can't program state
machines." - Alan Cox.

If you want a detailed discussion about that, read the Linux Kernel Mailing-
List.

http://lkml.indiana.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0106.2/index.html#400

Benoît Minisini