[Gambas-user] PING > Benoît (ServerSocket)

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Thu Nov 5 14:45:39 CET 2009

Benoît Minisini a écrit :
> But if rebooting your Linux server does not make the application work again, I
> can't really suspect Gambas, as it does not save anything on the hard disk,
> especially the network component.
>
> Did you test the connection with telnet, or any other non-Gambas program? Did
> you test another socket server application not made in Gambas?
>
> The only possibility I see would be a memory corruption in the network
> component - it is possible, I didn't write it :-). By reading the source code
> of the Listen() method, I didn't see anything that could lead to that. But I
> will check again.

May be a RAM is corrupted, running a full memtest86+ could reveal that
(well @ least 2 tests: while physically swapping RAMs between tests in order
to completely test low addresses of the 1st one)

--
Must be getting close to town -- we're hitting more people.