[Gambas-user] Karmic sqlite problem.

Ron ron at ...1740...
Tue Nov 3 16:41:56 CET 2009

Ron wrote:

> I'm running Karmic too now, and I can use my software with MySQL
> database on it, no problem.
>
> But the database manager is acting quite strangely too here, after
> creating the first connection (localhost, type mysql, sql user and
> password, db name) it closed right after that.
> When I reopened it, it works, that is I can view my the database
> layout and table fields, but not their content (data tab) See attachment.
> If I view the About window via ? menu item and click Ok, it closes
> completely too, dunno if that is suppose to happen either.
>
> I have to look into this some more if I can find the time.
>
> No errors in my console screen.
>
> [OperatingSystem]
> OperatingSystem=Linux
> KernelRelease=2.6.31-14-generic
> CPUArchitecture=i686
> DistributionVendor=ubuntu
> DistributionRelease="Ubuntu 9.10"
>
> [Gambas]
> Gambas1=Not Installed
> Gambas2=2.17.0
> Gambas2Path=/usr/local/bin/gbx2
> Gambas3=Not Installed
>
> Regards,
> Ron_2nd.

I just wanted to get Gambas database manager to work with my current OS
Ubuntu Karmic because I needed it badly, and I don't want to install
phpmysqladmin stuff.

So I loaded the  gambas/2.0/app/src/gambas2-database-manager  project in
the IDE, and changed it's project components properties from the default
gb.gui to use gb.qt and it never looked so good,  and is worked so
fine!!!!!!!

All the bugs are gone too.

I always thought the database manager looked a bit strange compared to
the IDE, but now I know why, why does gb.qui gets it wrong and loads KDE
stuff on Ubuntu (apparently) ?

Gambas2
SVN 2.17.0
Ubuntu Karmic 32 Bits