[Gambas-user] Disable controls by Tag

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Thu May 28 17:38:56 CEST 2009

On Thursday 28 May 2009, Jesus Guardon wrote:
> Hi all
>
> It seems a basic question, but I'm unable to get it to work.
> I need to enable/disable a group of mixed controls in the Main Form, but
> instead of doing individually, I'd prefer to do so by iterating.
>
> Following is the code I'm using and it gives an error "Wanted string,
> date or integer, got function instead"
>
> What I'm doing wrong?
>
> PUBLIC SUB btnQuick_Click()     'toggle button
>
>      DIM hCtl AS Control
>
>      IF btnQuick.Value = TRUE THEN
>          FOR EACH hCtl IN FMain.Controls
>              IF hCtl.Tag = "exclude" THEN hCtl.Enabled = FALSE
>              'DEBUG hCtl.Tag
>          NEXT
>      ELSE
>          FOR EACH hCtl IN FMain.Controls
>              IF hCtl.Tag = "exclude" THEN hCtl.Enabled = TRUE
>          NEXT
>      ENDIF
>
> END
>
> Regards
>
> Jesus

Not every control will have a .Tag property could be one of the problems.
Same can be for the .Enabled property
Also using Tag for other purpose could do something bad.
Best would be to print the object type and .ID property for the control under test
to see wich control has the problem.

Controls written in gambas could be suspected I think.
Basicly spoken the method used does not look strange to me
and I did long time ago something like this the same way.
I found also a problem and had the exclude a few object by type
checking. As far I remember I was also using the .Tag property.

Best regards,

Ron_1st