[Gambas-user] WAIT ... is it an (un) necessary evil for my app?

Wed May 27 19:05:26 CEST 2009

I had similar problems, but I had only minor performance penalty. So
in my case WAIT was ok.
So I don't think I can help but...
Hard to believe that progressbar really needs 0.25s to just refresh...
WAIT must be doing something else too.
In documentation of refresh, there reads:
"If you need an immediate refresh, call WAIT after having used this method."

pbprog.Refresh()
WAIT
Should do it, but I'm sure you already tried that. Bug..?
If not, maybe there should be method RefreshNow, which waits until
refresh is done and after that continues execution.
Or more generally;
pbprog.Refresh() WAIT
like with EXEC instruction.

To wishlist? Better ideas?