[Gambas-user] C Code character manipulation - alternatives

KhurramM kmsuse at ...626...
Thu May 21 04:40:55 CEST 2009

Thanks Sir.

You have given me tips better then the book I am following on C. :working:

My two queries:
1> Can I implement ctrl+D or ^D, which I am not able to here, as in C?
2> The program works with INPUT and LINE INPUT. But Line Input also takes
blank space as input, while INPUT ends the program over here. And I use
string here, but in C it was integer?

--------------------------------------------------- Just for reference:
Well I made my program final as:

PUBLIC SUB Main()

   ' Declare AND initialize variables.
   DIM c, count AS Integer

   DIM c1 AS String

   ' READ , PRINT , AND count characters.
   PRINT "Enter characters (or Press Carriage Return to quit): "
   LINE INPUT c1
   count += Len(c1)

   WHILE (c1 <> "")    ' This is the best solution
      PRINT c1
      LINE INPUT c1
      count += Len(c1)
   WEND

   ' PRINT the number OF characters printed.
   PRINT count & " characters printed."

END