[Gambas-user] Web site translations

David Villalobos Cambronero david_villalobos_c at ...43...
Wed May 20 16:55:43 CEST 2009

I just started with the Spanish translation.

 Regards

--
David

----- Original Message ----
From: Benoît Minisini <gambas at ...1...>
To: gambas-user at lists.sourceforge.net
Sent: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:42:13 AM
Subject: [Gambas-user] Web site translations

Hi everyone,

The Gambas web site is now fully translatable.

To do that, most of the pages were moved to the wiki - pages that are
generated cannot go to the wiki.

Everything is in a new project located in /trunk/app/src named "MakeWebSite"
(original, isn't it?).

This project generates the HTML pages in all specified languages from HTML
templates where string to be translated are marked.

To do the translation, just translate the MakeWebSite project as any other
Gambas project. You need a subversion write access to commit your changes, so
ask me if you don't have one.

News can be translated too, provided that you add the news html files to the
/news/XXXX project directory, where XXXX is your language code.

You don't have to run the project. If you do it anyway, it will generate the
HTML directly inside the project directory. But as these generated files are
not versioned, they will never be committed.

Note that not all strings are marked yet, and some pages will move to the
wiki.

To translate the pages located in the wiki, just go to the wiki.

If you want to translate the website to a new language, just tell me and I
will add it to the project, with the corresponding flag.

And of course if you want more details, ask!

Benoît