[Gambas-user] C Code character manipulation - alternatives

Sergio A. Hernandez info.geex at ...626...
Wed May 20 02:50:11 CEST 2009

String Functions in Gambas see http://gambas.sourceforge.net/ for detailed
info about them.

   * *Asc* Returns the ASCII code of a character in a string.
   * *Chr$* Returns a character from its ASCII code.
   * *Comp* Compares two strings.
   * *InStr* Searches a string into another string.
   * *LCase$* Converts a string to lowercase.
   * *Left$* Returns the first characters of a string.
   * *Len* Returns the length of a string.
   * *LTrim$* Strips white spaces from the left of a string.
   * *Mid$* Returns a part of a string.
   * *Replace*$ Replaces in a string a substring by another one.
   * *Right*$ Returns the last characters of a string.
   * *RInStr* Searches a string into another string from its right.
   * *RTrim*$ Strips white spaces from the right of a string.
   * *Scan* Splits a string against a regular expression pattern.
   * *Space*$ Returns a string containing only space.
   * *Split* Splits a string into substrings.
   * *String*$ Returns the same string concatenated many times.
   * *Subst*$ Substitutes strings in a pattern.
   * *Trim*$ Strips white spaces from a string.
   * *UCase*$ Converts a string to uppercase.