[Gambas-user] How to view GAMBAS BASIC code of a GUI, when I write no code

Rob sourceforge-raindog2 at ...94...
Fri May 15 05:45:05 CEST 2009

On Thursday 14 May 2009 23:16, KhurramM wrote:
> I make  gui interface of a form.
> I choose options for buttions and lables etc.
> How can I view the code for the options I have selected.
> Definitely  code is amde for all my work.

No, not really.  Just as in VB, Glade, Qt Designer and most other high
level GUI development tools (except Delphi), the form design is stored in
a different format.  You can go into your project directory and view the
files that end in .form to see what it looks like.

It would probably be pretty easy to write something to convert those files
into Gambas code that instantiates the form with the selected options.  I
wrote something years ago to convert a subset of the Gambas form
description language into HTML and CSS, and converting it to plain Gambas
code would involve a lot less fiddling around.

Rob