[Gambas-user] Interpreter, function/sub argument checking

Mon May 11 17:12:30 CEST 2009

Hi!
This is probably stupid question, since I'm almost sure that there is
good reason, but I had to
ask... Why function/sub calling is checked at run time? Meaning number
of arguments.
Can it change after compiling?

If compiler would check that, we would had two advantages;

1. Slightly improved performance on function/sub calling.

2. Spot bad function/sub calling earlier when test running code.
And you can't compile buggy code (in that way [and send it to your friend...]).

Regards,
Jussi