[Gambas-user] Wanted:explanation of some IDE code

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Mon May 11 13:25:06 CEST 2009

Hi all/Benoit/Devlelopers et al,

I'm in the process of (very poorly) attempting to write a help module for my
program, and decided (probably wrongly) to use bits of the IDE, so I've been
trying to understand the IDE.

I started a new project and put the bits in it I thought I'd need, and I've
screwed something up because this routine in FTextEditor.class won't run - it
dosn't recognise the line Save.Begin, Save.end.

so, I wondered where Save.Begin/End are located. Probably a dumb question.

Thanks in anticipation.

PS. such a pity the IDE contains no comment on the code.

Regards

Richard

Public Function Save() As Boolean

  'Project.Config.WriteString("/Window" &/ Name &/ "Pos",
  '  CStr(ME.X) & "," & CStr(ME.Y) & "," & CStr(ME.Width) & "," &
CStr(ME.Height))

  If Not $bModify Then Return

 Save.Begin(Path)

  File.Save(Path, Editor.Text)