[Gambas-user] Execute Gamabs?

Stefan Miefert smiefert at ...784...
Tue May 5 15:09:14 CEST 2009

Hello,

the gambas program is a gtk program. When I start it via console I get an error. Canot open display

how can I fix this?

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Stefano Palmeri [mailto:rospolosco at ...152...]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 5. Mai 2009 14:35
An: mailing list for gambas users
Betreff: Re: [Gambas-user] Execute Gamabs?

Il martedì 5 maggio 2009 14:22:36 Stefan Miefert ha scritto:
> Hello,
>
> i want to execute a gambasprogramm like this
>
> exec("test.gambas")
>
> but how can I start a gambas programm in the terminal?
>
> I get always the answer "not found"

You have to copy test.gambas in one of the directory of your
PATH variable.

On console type:

echo $PATH

to know the directories where executables are searched for. Just
copy test.gambas in one of them (/usr/local/bin or /usr/bin).

In Gambas you could know the PATH variable with:

PRINT Application.Env["PATH"]

Saluti,

Stefano