[Gambas-user] Problem with gambas..

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Fri Mar 27 04:26:52 CET 2009

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 02:13:27 pm Carlos Humberto Llumiquinga Hidalgo wrote:
> Hi Dimitris... the folder exist.. and the spell is correctly... that was
> the first what I checked..
> By the way it's not empty...
>
> 2009/3/26 Dimitris Anogiatis <dosida at ...626...>
>
> > You either are trying to delete a folder that doesn't exist or it exists
> > but
> > you didn't spell it correctly
> >
> > try the isDIR function to determine if the folder you're looking exists
> > indeed
> >
> > Documentation for the isDIR function is located here:
> > http://gambasdoc.org/help/lang/isdir?v3
> >
> > Hope that helps.
> > Dimitris
> >
> > On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 6:29 PM, Carlos Humberto Llumiquinga Hidalgo <
> >
> > carlitos.hllh at ...626...> wrote:
> > > Hi all....
> > >
> > > I have a problem with a code on gambas..
> > >
> > > I'm trying.. this code.. EXEC ["rm", application.Path &
> > > "/imagenes/*.*"] ... just I wanna erase the content of images folder.
> > >
> > > But I got an error.. on console... rm: can't erase
> > > «/home/carlosh/Prueba/imagenes/*.*»: File don't exists
> > >
> > > Help Please.. what's wrong.. ????

Try putting a print statement in there e.g

PRINT "rm " &  application.Path & "/imagenes/*.*"

copy the terminal output from this into a real linux terminal and see what
error message you get.

or  try your exact command out first in a terminal before putting it into a
gambas string.  Also check the file permissions on the files in that
directory.

Just a suggestion in case you've not tried it.

richard
.