[Gambas-user] analyzing version numbers in gambas

Dimitris Anogiatis dosida at ...626...
Thu Mar 26 04:02:51 CET 2009

Just brainstorming here, but if you add format the float in a 2 decimal
string then replace "." with ""
and reconvert the string to an integer you might be able to get the right
kind of comparison results.
like 2.05  and 2.10 would turn into 205 and 210 In which case using max
would give you the latter
as the larger of the two.

In the case of 2.05a and 2.05c then you'd prolly have to see which string
is the larger of the two. I'd use a simple "IF a > b then print b else print
a"
kind of statement or the comp function to compare the 2 strings.

Hope this helps
Dimitris