[Gambas-user] analyzing version numbers in gambas

M0E.lnx m0e.lnx at ...626...
Wed Mar 25 18:54:12 CET 2009

True... It's impossible to catch all of them. Not all developers stick to the standards.. I understand.

FWIW, I've stated a class that takes the 2 strings and then splits them at the separator (".") After that it analizes each object in the array and determines which one of the two arguments is the larger value then returns that

Of couse, the more values in the arrays, the more complex this gets.
I guess I would have thoutht there was something that could analize something like "2.12" and "2.5" as floats and see which one is the largest of the 2