[Gambas-user] Printing direct to printer

Steven Drinnan steven at ...2097...
Wed Mar 25 03:16:59 CET 2009

Home use the draw cmd.
Each object has it's own x,y position. see the example below

IF Printer.Setup() THEN RETURN 'You need to set up your printer first.

Draw.Begin(Printer) ' Initializes the draw
Draw.Text(TextArea1.Text, 200, 200) ' Prints the contents of a TextArea in the upper left hand corner
Printer.NewPage ' Prints a new page
Draw.Foreground = Color.Red
Draw.Rectangle(500, 200, 32, 32) ' Draws a small red rectangle
Draw.End ' Then send page to the printer

This example is in the help files.
have a look to get a better feel .Goto the gtk.ext or qt.ext find the 'Draw' object.

For a preview change the object of the draw command to a drawing area.

Steven