[Gambas-user] 'su -c command' inside Gambas, how do I?

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Fri Mar 20 17:18:34 CET 2009

On Friday 20 March 2009, Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> Hi, Benoit. Hi all.
>
> I've a little problem here. I can't feed the root password
> to a "su -c" process invocation. I've attached a little example.
> In a form there's a textbox. You type the root password,
> then you press 'Confirm' and you should be able to execute
> su -c 'cat /etc/sudoers'. But I can't.
> Any help appreciated. Thanks.
>
> Gambas 2.11.1
> Slackware 12.2
>
> Stefano

If you use KDE Desktop use 'kdesu -c 'cat /etc/sudoers'
and for gnome there was/is 'gtksu -c 'cat /etc/sudoers' (SuSE)

both should ask for the password of the guy that wants/need to do sudo
on the command line.

Best regards,

Ron_1st