[Gambas-user] Global Error Handing

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Mar 9 16:15:14 CET 2009

> Question:
>
> Does gambas have any mechanism for global error handling -e.g error rigging
> an entire project including all subroutines with a master error handler,
> which would catch all un-handled fatal errors, and do something like pop up
> a dialog box with options for user to type in what they were doing, write
> to log file, email the developer?
>
> If not, how are other people handling this - I know there is the CATCH
> statement.
>
> If not, are there any plans to do this.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard

The mechanism exist internally - i.e. you can write a global error handler for
uncatched errors in a C/C++ component.

But you cannot do that in Gambas.

Apparently it could be a good feature to implement, but I'm not sure there is
no logical problems. For example, what to do if there is an error during the
global error event handler?

--
Benoît