[Gambas-user] GTK problems

Steven Drinnan steven at ...2097...
Mon Mar 9 03:14:11 CET 2009

Hi all,

I am developing a student management system. Up till now I have been
using QT. But in reading the licensing decided I need to switch to GTK
components.  But I have found the following problems.

1. Scaling and item placing will change when the form is scaled and when
it is not scaled it appears a little different than in the development
environment. (changing the form not to scale to size helps but the
appearance is different)

2. When controls are disabled they do not retain their background
colour. Regardless of weather the background is set or not.

3. Controls do not inherit the parents background and foreground font
etc correctly. ( need to set each control manually)

4. Menu items do not work when form is loaded in a workspace.

Any help to work around these problems would be appreciated.

Steven