[Gambas-user] Pointer[] error in Ubuntu 8.04

Jesus Guardon jguardon at ...2035...
Sat Mar 7 14:07:28 CET 2009

Hi all

Since I'm testing my application in several distributions, I've noticed
a bug? with pointer class in Ubuntu 8.04 only.

This is related to embedder, so it's better to show my code based on the
example provided by Gambas. Note that the example doesn't work, too.

PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()

   DIM sTitle AS String
   DIM aHandle AS NEW Pointer[]
   DIM iHandle AS Integer

    sTitle = "DX Map" 'this is a xplanet window
    ME.Title = sTitle
       WHILE aHandle.Count < 1

             aHandle = Desktop.find(Trim(sTitle))

             WAIT 0.1
       WEND
   iHandle = aHandle[0]
   TRY Embedder1.Embed(iHandle)
   FMain.Controls["btnMap"].Enabled = FALSE

   loadSettings()

END

The error shown is:

[2] Cannot load class 'Pointer[]':
Unable to load class file.
FMap.?.0

I've attached a capture of it.
Using Gambas 2.9, and deployed Ubuntu .deb package.

Any hints?

Best regards

Jesús