[Gambas-user] Save file dialog prepends path to Name field?

Marc Carson marc at ...2086...
Sat Mar 7 06:51:10 CET 2009

I noticed that the typical GTK "save" dialog shows the file name in the
"Name" field, but my simple test in Gambas prepends a path, such as
"/home/user/," to the file name in that field.

Is this correct behavior? It seems like it needs to be "fixed" because
no matter which folder icon I click in the Save dialog, the prepended
path will overrule it until I type the path in myself.

Here's the code I'm working with, from a tutorial:

PUBLIC SUB btnSave_Click()

  Dialog.Filter = ["*.txt", "Text Files"]
  IF Dialog.SaveFile() THEN RETURN
  File.Save(Dialog.Path, TextAreaEdit.Text)
CATCH
  Message.Error(Error.Text)
END

Gambas version 2.0.0, Ubuntu 8.04.