[Gambas-user] Nested Socket Write does not work

CARLOS GTR nxgtrturbo at ...626...
Thu Mar 5 02:42:24 CET 2009

Hi, I am working in chat program in Gambas that works with TCP sockets.
The problem is that the clients that connect to the server need to receive
the list of the contacts that are online (as any chat), The Server has the
list but cant send it.

This is the code:
   DIM y, x AS Integer
   FOR x = 0 TO Client.Max
      FOR y = 0 TO listacontactos.Count - 1
         ' Message(“dgdsgfds”) If I uncomment this line everything works
         WRITE #Client[x], "[" & y & "]" & listacontactos[y].Text,
Len(listacontactos[y].Text) + 4
      NEXT
   NEXT

That code with the message instruction commented only send 1 contact, when I
uncomment that dummy message line everything works perfect.

Another interesting fact is that If I put break points for the nested FORs
and see what happens the programs runs perfect even without the dummy
message instruction.

Hope somebody could help. Thanks in advance

--
Nx GTR