[Gambas-user] Feature requests

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Wed Mar 4 19:26:33 CET 2009

On Wednesday 04 March 2009, M0E Lnx wrote:
> I'm not sure how to do this...
>
> THe progressbar only moves in one direction, and the .label property
> is a boolean...
>
> Dont know how to change any of that.
>
> On Wed, Mar 4, 2009 at 11:09 AM, Benoît Minisini
> <gambas at ...1...> wrote:
> >> I have a couple of requests for the gb.gtk component (and maybe even
> >> the gb.qt as well)
> >>
> >> It's about progressbars.
> >> I'd like to use a progressbar like alternating progressbar (like the
> >> one used in the gparted windows while executing changes (top one))
> >> alternates from left to right
> >> I'd like to be able to display some text inside the progressbar ...
> >> not just the value, but a way to display my own string in there
> >>
> >> Is this at all possible?
> >>

> > That's something you can do in Gambas easily, isn't it?
> >
> > --
> > Benoît

Just try to extract your wished control to several parts.

Take a container object, i.e. panel

Put a label in it with same width as the panel.
For shift left/right use a timer and control the label.left value from 0 to -width and back

Put a second label with transparent background color above the first label.

Write you message in the label.text

happpyyyyyyyyyyyy MOE?

Best regards,

Ron_1st