[Gambas-user] Making an image button launch an executable?

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Mon Mar 2 08:17:21 CET 2009

On Mon, 2 Mar 2009 06:06:17 pm Marc Carson wrote:
> I'm just starting to learn Gambas and I'd like to know how to make an
> image-button launch an executable or a Bash script. I'd like to make a
> grid of buttons that I can customize in this way, each button with its
> own icon, sort of like how launchers work on the GNOME panel.
>
> Is this doable? If so I'd love to hear any advice on how.
>
> Thanks.
Not sure what you want, but sounds like its probably the shell command, look
it up in the help
Put under the click event

public sub mybutton_click()
	Shell "kcalc" would run a calculator etc.
end

Lots of options, I'm not expert and struggle with knowing when a process
finishes, and intend to ask some questions on that myself soon, but you can
at least do simple things to start.

Hope this is 'on topic' for you.

Richard