[Gambas-user] How to report signal #11

Pino Zollo pinozollo at ...626...
Mon Jun 29 23:21:23 CEST 2009

Hi,
In certain circumstances my project ends with signal #11

I am trying to follow the following instructions but I am confused about  the
complete sequence:

--------------------------------------
3. Reporting a crash (a segmentation fault, or a signal #11)
If Gambas crashes, you can trace it and tell me where it crashed exactly. It
is very helpful for me. If you don't know how to do that, read the following
carefully:

    * Open a terminal, and go to the directory of the project that crashes. If
the IDE crashes, go to the IDE sources in the appsrcgambas2 directory of the
source package. For example:

$ cd ~/gambas2-2.XX.Y/app/src/gambas2

    * Then compile all the IDE.

$ gbc2 -agt

    * Launch the GNU debugger.

$ gdb gbx2
GNU gdb 6.6-3mdv2008.0 (Mandriva Linux release 2008.0)
This GDB was configured as "i586-mandriva-linux-gnu".
(gdb)
---------------------------------------

I get the following:

-----------------------------

IK1CHE:/home/pino/GAMBAS/dblog#
IK1CHE:/usr/src/gambas2-2.13.1/app/src/gambas2# gbc2 -agt
OK
IK1CHE:/usr/src/gambas2-2.13.1/app/src/gambas2# gdb gbx2
GNU gdb 6.8-debian
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
(gdb) set args -p
(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gbx2 -p

[2]+  Stopped                 gdb gbx2
and gdb ends.

Please, how do I compile my project with debugging informations in ?

Shell I also recompile the IDE ?

Thanks

Pino

--
Key ID: 0xF6768208
Key fingerprint = B16D 0A7C 5B29 A334 CE6A  71F6 EAF8 3D88 F676 8208