[Gambas-user] Tar-1.3 for Slackware

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Wed Jun 24 22:08:58 CEST 2009

Il mercoledì 24 giugno 2009 16:19:31 Pino Zollo ha scritto:
> Please where can I find tar-1.3 ?
>
> yahoo and google did not find it.
>
> It is required for generating the Slackware installation package.
>
> (Gambas 2.13 on Debian 5.0.1)
>
> Regards
>
> Pino

I think you're talking about tar-1.13. It's still maintained
by Slackware because this is the version used to generate
Slackware packages. It's still in current, even if Slackware is going to
change the package archiver. Anyway, you find the source here:

ftp://elektroni.phys.tut.fi/slackware-12.2/source/a/tar/

In order to use it, you have to apply the patch you find there, then
compile it and rename the tar executable as tar-1.13, because for
sure you've already a tar installed on your system. I suggest,
you *don't* install tar-1.13, but only copy the renamed executable somewhere
in your PATH so Gambas can find it.

Ciao,

Stefano