[Gambas-user] The lastest version gambas can't run in fedora 11

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jun 22 12:58:17 CEST 2009

> I hope this helps.
>
> No need it is included in gamba2-gb-db. I have had a similar problem
> with the SDL component.
>
> if you are  installing and have a dependency problem. Make sure that the
> above and all other required files are installed.
>
> Then run from a cmd prompt
>
> su
>
> rpm -ivh --nodeps 'the-name-of-your-rpm'
>
> if you like send me the program I can test further for you.
>
> Steven.
>
> On Sun, 2009-06-21 at 23:20 -0700, Swee Kwang Tan wrote:
> > Dear Sir,
> > I've upgrade my system from ubuntu8.04 to fedora 11, after intall the
> > gambas2-2.13.1, I found that my program can't run on the latest gambas
> > version, because the gambas2-gb-db-postgresql is missing, my program
> > can run in ubuntu 8.04 normally with the 2.8.2 version, I wish to
> > download the missing package, but where is  the package wed site ?
> > Thank you..
> >
> > _______________________________________
> >  辣茩妏蚚閉湮⺍講捇誥蚘眊
> >  http://cn.mail.yahoo.com

Aaaargh... Some @*!# Fedora packagers broke the packages by not following the
specifications.

The gb-sdl-sound package was put inside gb-sql (no idea why), and all database
drivers were put in the gb-db package. Very good idea. This way, if you need
*one* database client, you are required to install *all* of them...

I will update the specification with an explicit list of the packages that
must be made. Apprently it was not clear enough.

And it would be great if people can help me to check the packaging of each
distribution with that list, and report them when something is not correct.

Benoît