[Gambas-user] EXEC vs. SHELL

Wed Jun 17 11:00:32 CEST 2009

Doriano Blengino schrieb:
> Rolf-Werner Eilert ha scritto:
>> Doriano Blengino schrieb:

>>> SHELL invokes /bin/sh and passes it a single command line. /bin/sh
>>> parses this command line exactly the same way you do on a normal shell. So,
>>>
>>>     SHELL "ls -l *.o >/tmp/list"

>> Oh yeah, thank you very much for that comprehensive explanation!
>>
>> In fact, I find your answer so well written that I want to propose to
>> take it up into the Gambas wiki, linked between SHELL and EXEC or just
>> as part of both texts. What do you think?
>>
> Thanks for your appreciation, it makes me feel good.
>
> I think that my writing could be better - it was only a quick reply in a
> forum -, but the more important thing you said is about cross-linking
> together several pages of the docs: sections like "SEE ALSO" and
> "DIFFERENCES BETWEEN... (similar ways to do something)".
>
> The same problem is found in the normal man(1) pages - related arguments
> are in fact not related in the documentation. For example, Samba and NFS
> do (more or less) the same thing, but the documentation treats them as
> completely separated. I understand this, but this is no good anyway.
>
> Regards,
> Doriano

Hmmm - I thought that was possible to do with the Gambas wiki pages.
Some time ago I helped translate some of the pages (and I should
continue to do so, I know), and there were links to other pages... Well,
maybe Benoit would have to initiate that by creating a base page.
Benoit, did you hear us? :-)

As to your English, we might ask some native speaker on the list to look
through it.

Regards

Rolf