[Gambas-user] Database example

Charlie Reinl Karl.Reinl at ...9...
Sun Jun 14 18:55:26 CEST 2009

Am Sonntag, den 14.06.2009, 05:57 -0700 schrieb charlesg:
> Hi,
>
> I have extracted what I need from the database example. I can even get it to
> do exactly what I want. But, in truth, I do not understand how it works
> exactly.
> '===================================================
> ' FMain.class
> PUBLIC $hConnLocl AS NEW Connection
> PUBLIC $resData AS Result
> '--------------------------------------------------------
> PUBLIC SUB Form_Open()
>   WITH $hConnLocl
>     .type = "sqlite3"
>     .Name = "/home/charles/sqlite3/locl.sqlite"
>   END WITH
>   $hConnLocl.Open()
>   $resData = $hConnLocl.Exec("select * from hist")
> END
> '---------------------------------------------------------
> PUBLIC SUB btnRun_Click()
>   DIM hForm AS FRequest
>
>   hForm = NEW FRequest($hConnLocl, $resData)
>   hForm.show
> END
> '===================================================
> ' FRequest.class
> PRIVATE $hConnlocl AS Connection
> PRIVATE $rData AS Result
> '---------------------------------------------------------
> PUBLIC SUB _new(hConnlocl AS Connection, rData AS Result)
>   DIM hField AS ResultField
>   DIM iInd AS Integer
>
>   $hConnlocl = hConnlocl
>   $rData = rData
>   tbvData.Rows.count = 0
>   tbvData.Columns.count = $rData.Fields.Count
>
>   FOR EACH hField IN $rData.Fields
>     WITH hField
>       tbvData.Columns[iInd].text = .Name
>       tbvData.Columns[iInd].width = 60
>     END WITH
>     INC iInd
>   NEXT
>   tbvData.Rows.Count = $rData.Count
> END
> '---------------------------------------------------------
> PUBLIC SUB tbvData_Data(Row AS Integer, Column AS Integer)
>   $rData.MoveTo(row)
>   tbvData.Data.text = Str($rData[tbvData.Columns[column].text])
> END
> '===================================================
>
> My lack of understanding hinges around:
> 1.	hForm = NEW FRequest($hConnLocl, $resData)
> 2.	$hConnlocl = hConnlocl
>   	$rData = rData
> 3.	The help says _data is called when the tableview 'needs data'. At what
> point in the code does it need this data?
>
> Any fog elimination welcomed.
>
> rgds

Salut Charles,

no fog here, but have you ever tried in the IDE whats you can find
behind /Project/Version/Source Archiv  ?

I tell you more a shortcut Ctrl+Alt+A makes the same.

The so made archiv, you can attach to your mail, even the locl.sqlite
DataBase , and then if you tell us witch gambas Version you use, may be
one of that guys on the list will have a look.
But if you have to copy out the Code from a mail, split it into its
parts, by creating all the FORMs and Modules, then create the componets
needed on the Form/Forms having not the origin
Database ....pfffffffffffffffffff, will see perhaps tomorrow.

Never the less

--
Amicalment
Charlie