[Gambas-user] New name not shown in IDE at first (Gambas2)

Thu Jun 11 08:41:10 CEST 2009

Benoît Minisini schrieb:
>> Screenshot is difficult, as I don't know if it shows the tooltips. But
>> it's easy:
>>
>> Create a new ComboBox on the form. If it's the first one, it's called
>> ComboBox1.
>>
>> In the class, type Com and you will get a proposal for ComboBox, not
>> ComboBox1.
>
> I did as you wrote, but I have the ComboBox1 proposal: which version of Gambas
> do you use?

It's 2.13.1

>> Now change its name (in the Properties dialog at the right) to anything
>> else, testbox for instance. You may even press Return after typing.
>> Nothing happens, the name doesn't refresh in the preview
>
> This is a normal for a read-write ComboBox. What you see is inside is the
> value of its Text property, which takes as default value the initial Name of
> the control. If you change the control name later, the Text property remains.

Aaah - ok. Yes :-)

>> - and if you
>> type "testbox" somewhere within code, the list with proposals will only
>> appear after you typed the "."
>
> I see testbox too, as soon as I have typed "tes".
>
>> Does this make it clearer?
>>

> Yes and no, as it works perfectly on my box!

Strange, isn't it? On my system it seems as if you had to type the name
once in the editor before it recognizes it. As soon as you have typed
the name somewhere, it appears in the autocompletion. If you delete the
last appearance of that name, it won't be recognized again.

But as nobody else complaints about it, I guess we can forget about that
effect :-)

Regards

Rolf