[Gambas-user] making an animated demo

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Thu Jul 30 17:11:42 CEST 2009

Benoît Minisini a écrit :
>> The goal is to find out good and reliable solutions for LAN and Internet
>> remote access, as I did not found such tests on the WEB (ie: NX claims it's
>> the best speed/instant flow... but as a matter of fact nobody's ever
>> validate/unvalidate such an assertion by a situation test.)
>>
>> JY
>
> Gambas has Dekstop.SendKeys() in its gb.desktop component to automate
> keystrokes if you need.

YEEES, this it exactely it!
Obeewan Ben Oît, you're my only hope :-)

(moreover, this is a tremendous facility to ease software demonstration
 in a meeting; I guess that was your goal)

> Anyway, NX is the only thing I used that made X-Window usable on ADSL for me.

Yep, as I read on some sites that was quite true until now, but some preliminary
tests with Xephyr show that data qty has dramatically decreased.

I'd like to (definitely) establish some facts:
* Data qty that is exchanged (either on a LAN or on the WEB it's important as the
    client's max qty depends on that,
* Ease of solution vs. solution complexity (in particular: shall I spend one hour
    more to setup this solution against this other one, only to gain 1Kbit/sec?),
* What solution(s) are more resistant to packets loss/double sent?

JY
--
Klatu barada nikto.