[Gambas-user] About setup installation form

Dimitris Anogiatis dosida at ...626...
Tue Jul 28 09:40:37 CEST 2009

Hey Leo,

AFAIK in Linux, the responsibility of an installation setup falls on the
distribution's package manager.

For Debian and Ubuntu the package manager is apt
For Redhat you have the package manager is rpm
For OpenSuse the package manager is yum (or yast I can't remember off the
top of my head)

as for default settings that's handled either from within your package (if
you include a configuration file)
or from within your program, or by a secondary (configuration) program.

In Gambas if you want to create a package you click on the Project menu then
select Make and from
there you select Installation Package.

A new window will appear and you will then be asked to enter information
about you, a brief description
of your project,

then on the next step you will be able to provide changelog info or release
info

and then you will be able to select your target distribution

the group of applications your program belongs to (games, sound programs,
office programs etc.)

the category under which your program will be listed in the desktop menu

and then the folder where the installation package will be stored.

I hope this clarifies things instead of confusing you more,

Regards
Dimitris