[Gambas-user] Compiling Gambas 3

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Sat Jul 25 19:27:26 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
> A Little glitch when compiling gambas 3.
> svn up to rev 2167
> Running mandriva 2009.0
>
> [progdev at ...2241... trunk]$ ./reconf-all
> [progdev at ...2241... trunk]$ ./configure -C
>
> I finally get:
>
> THESE COMPONENTS ARE DISABLED:
>
> - gb.db.firebird
> - gb.db.odbc
> - gb.db.postgresql
> - gb.db.sqlite2
> - gb.qte

> which looks OK, as I don't have those installed.
> [progdev at ...2241... trunk]$ make --quiet
> works without errors
> But
> [progdev at ...2241... trunk]$su
> make install
> Compiling the gb.db.mysql project...
> gb.db.mysql
> gbc: project file not found: /home/progdev/SVN-
> projekt/gambas3/trunk/gb.db.mysql/src/gb.db.mysql/.project
> gba: ERROR: Cannot set file owner: /home/progdev/SVN-

This is a strange behavior (a bug?) of Subversion I didn't understand.

The gb.db.mysql/src/gb.db.mysql directory was removed from the repository. But
when you do a "svn update", this directory is not removed, which make the
installation process fails because it assumes that there is a Gambas part to
compile inside the component.

Just remove the offending directory by hand to fix that. I will make the
installation process more robust against that anyway.

Benoît