[Gambas-user] EXEC vs. SHELL

Sat Jul 25 09:33:12 CEST 2009

Jean-Yves F. Barbier ha scritto:
> Benoît Minisini a écrit :
>
>> Please work directly on the wiki. Things on the mailing-list won't go there
>> automagically...
>>

> I don't have a wiki account nor know the wiki's syntax.
>
> JY

Dear Jean-Yves,

I am sorry to write this, but your english looks to me worse than mine.
Please review your corrections: are you really sure that there are less
errors than in the original version? As I am not english, I could be
wrong, but your name makes me think you are not english either... I am
pretty sure that things like "this simple line do..." is an error. There
are also other little imprecisions: for example the sentence "/bin/ls
will make a redirection (the ">" character)" is misguiding (it is not
/bin/ls which does redirections, but /bin/sh),

When I originally wrote that text, it was a reply to this mailing list,
and I weighted as much as possible the words and the concepts. But it
was an email reply, not a documentation page, and as always I was unsure
about my english. If in an email bad english can be accetable, I think
it is not in an official documentation.

Thanks for your interest, and best regards,

--
Doriano Blengino

"Listen twice before you speak.
This is why we have two ears, but only one mouth."