[Gambas-user] TextBox and TextLabel do not respect the locale

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jul 20 14:53:40 CEST 2009

> Hi,
>
> I receive a date from a query to the database...let's say rData!x_date ...
>
> The database is set to
> rData = Mglobal.$hConn.Exec("SET SESSION datestyle TO DMY")
>
> DMY data style...the locale of the computer is Italian so DMY also.
>
> If I write  rData!x_date into a GridView or into a string all goes OK,
> but if I write  rData!x_date into a TextBox or into a TextLabel then
> I get MDY format..i.e. the month before the day.
>
> (Gambas 2.14, QT, Gnome, Debian 5.0.1)
>
> Regards
>
> Pino

A date is a date, even if it comes from a database. If you put a date directly
inside the Text property of a control, a automatic conversion is done by
internally using CStr(), which is not locale aware. So you have to do:

MyTextBox.Text = Str(rData!x_date)

to use the locale data.

Benoît