[Gambas-user] How to report signal #11

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Mon Jul 20 09:14:18 CEST 2009

> Hi,
> In certain circumstances my project ends with signal #11

Hi,

Do you yet have these crashes with the latest revision? I fixed a bug in it
that could lead to "random" crashes early in the program execution (i.e.  you
run your program, and sometimes it crashes early, sometimes it don't).

> I am trying to follow the following instructions but I am confused about
> the complete sequence:
>
> --------------------------------------
> 3. Reporting a crash (a segmentation fault, or a signal #11)
> If Gambas crashes, you can trace it and tell me where it crashed exactly.
> It is very helpful for me. If you don't know how to do that, read the
> following carefully:
>
>     * Open a terminal, and go to the directory of the project that crashes.
> If the IDE crashes, go to the IDE sources in the appsrcgambas2 directory of
> the source package. For example:
>
> $ cd ~/gambas2-2.XX.Y/app/src/gambas2
>
>     * Then compile all the IDE.
>
> $ gbc2 -agt
>
>     * Launch the GNU debugger.
>
> $ gdb gbx2
> GNU gdb 6.6-3mdv2008.0 (Mandriva Linux release 2008.0)
> GDB is free software, covered by the GNU General Public License, and you
> are welcome to change it and/or distribute copies of it under certain
> conditions. Type "show copying" to see the conditions.
> This GDB was configured as "i586-mandriva-linux-gnu".
> (gdb)
> ---------------------------------------
>
> I get the following:
>
> -----------------------------
>
> IK1CHE:/home/pino/GAMBAS/dblog#
> IK1CHE:/usr/src/gambas2-2.13.1/app/src/gambas2# gbc2 -agt
> OK
> IK1CHE:/usr/src/gambas2-2.13.1/app/src/gambas2# gdb gbx2
> GNU gdb 6.8-debian
> License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later
> <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html> This is free software: you are free to
> change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted
> by law.  Type "show copying" and "show warranty" for details.
> This GDB was configured as "i486-linux-gnu"...
> (gdb) set args -p
> (gdb) run
> Starting program: /usr/local/bin/gbx2 -p
>
> [2]+  Stopped                 gdb gbx2
> and gdb ends.

--> I am confused by that, gdb should not stop, unless you press CTRL+Z in the
terminal...

> Please, how do I compile my project with debugging informations in ?

You don't have to for debugging with gdb.

> Shell I also recompile the IDE ?

Neither.

--
Benoît