[Gambas-user] need some helping hand for crypting

Jean-Yves F. Barbier 12ukwn at ...626...
Sun Jul 19 22:15:28 CEST 2009

Charlie Reinl a écrit :
> Salut,
>
> I have to store passwords in easy reading files (xml), and need fopr
> that crypting/uncrypting functions, gb.crypt I can crypt , but not
> restore them.
> Any hints?

what's exactly your needs (restore plain p/w or not?)

I don't use this but I guess what it does is calculating a hash
that is repeatable; so once you've stored th hash, you can input a p/w from
user, hash it and compare hashes (to hashes :) to see if they match.

This has the big advantage that in case of breaking in, nobody can
trace back to the plain login.

JY
--
We are giving instruction to FBI agents in the various Chinese
dialects ... to handle present and likely future contingencies.