[Gambas-user] question on running Gambas Executable on others distro

Joshua Higgins joshiggins at ...1601...
Sat Jul 18 13:47:43 CEST 2009

> I think I have to explain my question more detail  . how are we distribute
> our application written in gambas ? we can't expect that our target user
> know how to install gambas or compile it .

 The Gambas IDE can make packages for you for any distro.

I create a
> demo live linux cd that primary just run my program without any desktop
> program in it .

I recommend using Ubuntu as a base for your live CD as the Gambas packages
are easy to install, and the live CD is really easy to make. This page
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/LiveCDCustomizationFromScratch details how
to create a live cd using ubuntu from scratch, so it can be as minimal as
you want.

In short, you'll need xorg, openbox (or another window manager), and the
gambas-runtime package. If you use the IDE to create a deb file, all the
dependencies will be solved for you, so you just need to simply install it
inside your live cd chroot.

Hope this helps you. IMO its much easier than trying to remaster say damn
small or puppy, and you won't end up with all the unwanted crap (like
desktop environment).

--
joshua higgins