[Gambas-user] PictureDatabase with PostgreSQL

Pino Zollo pinozollo at ...626...
Wed Jul 15 15:17:23 CEST 2009

Il martedì 14 luglio 2009 17:56:49 richard terry ha scritto:
> Hope this helps.
>
> Regards
>
> Richard

Thanks Richard,
yes it helps....now I am going to put it into the PictureDatabase program.

So actually the stream of byte is converted to octal to avoid coding problem.
Is there also some reversing function ?

By the time I was reading the PosgreSQL  documentation. There it explains a
totally different way of handling blobs.

They use the internal function pg_lo_import to import into the DB a large
object.
This returns a pointer OID that is actually written into the db table.

I am going to experiments both ways...I will let you know how it goes.

Regards
Pino

--
Key ID: 0xF6768208
Key fingerprint = B16D 0A7C 5B29 A334 CE6A  71F6 EAF8 3D88 F676 8208