[Gambas-user] comments

Ron_1st ronstk at ...239...
Tue Jul 14 14:30:15 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 14 July 2009, Benoît Minisini wrote:

> > > Sorry to barge in, but
> > >
> > > /*
> > >
> > >  don't parse this!
> > >
> > > */
> > >
> > > would be my favorite.
> > >
> > > Ron_2nd.
> >
> > my vote toooo
> >

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Ron_1st
>
> I tried to implement it, but didn't succeed. Code is analyzed line by line by
> the IDE, so having such a syntax would need too much work at the moment.
>
> Regards,

Understand, but some thinking here.

IF bCOMMENT=true THEN ' /*
  our wonderfull
  comment just
  pasted here
  as charlie and I does
ENDIF ' */

This does in effect the thing we wishes. so the /* */ is not the
biggest problem. It is the analyze of every line done by IDE.

We do have the cut/past of code already in the IDE.

A 'Past as Comment' could solve.
If the paste is done by insert in every line the remark single
quote (and 2 spaces) before adding the line to the source code for us.
We must now do it after the paste and the IDE makes garbage of it. :)

BTW
I like the C style as I use in Kate durring programming php.
------------------------
/*
comment1
*/

/**
comment2
*/

// comment3

/// comment4

attached:comment-php

Here comment1 and comment3 are dimmed in color (light grey)
Goeed for just some side informations as program flow i.e.
Comment2 and comment4 are extra accented by bold middle blue color.
These are nice to mark importand comments as how to use  i.e. the function
------------------------
Maybe something like that is also possible by using 1 and 2 single quotes
at the start of the comment

'   simple information
''  Importand Usage information

attached:comment-gb

Best regards,

Ron_1st

--

111.111111 x 111.111111 = 12345.678987654321