[Gambas-user] When does trunk become the stable release?

Ron ron at ...1740...
Mon Jul 13 10:50:05 CEST 2009

Benoît Minisini wrote:
>> Benoît,
>>
>> are there any plans to make a future trunk/development release the
>> stable one?
>> ie have a new feature freeze and work on bug fixes for a period.
>> - ASP-like web pages in the IDE.
>> - Web application development in the IDE.

These features look very nice!
>> Don't get me wrong, you are doing a hell of a job on getting the new gfx
>> libs working, and it looks very very nice, but I think that the gap is
>> becoming too big between stable and development version.
>>
>> What are your thoughts about this?
>>

> I don't think at the moment the gap is so greater between Gambas 3 and Gambas
> 2 than it was between Gambas 2 and Gambas 1.

I have never really worked with Gambas1 so cannot comment on this one.
>> And did anyone made a list about things you need to change in your code,
>> when you want to switch over?
>> Can you install/run both versions on a development system without
>> getting into trouble somewhere?
>>

> Of course, Gambas is designed so that you can run all different versions on
> the same OS (provided that they compiles with newer versions of the
> libraries).

Ok I will install gambas3 too on my dev system then, and make a note of
things I come across porting my software.
I also will try to see if I still get that sig#11 on that touchscreen
machine with Gambas3, haven't thought about this earlier.
Maybe that bring some more light on this matter.

Regards,
Ron_2nd.