[Gambas-user] When does trunk become the stable release?

Ron ron at ...1740...
Mon Jul 13 09:41:12 CEST 2009

Benoît,

are there any plans to make a future trunk/development release the
stable one?
ie have a new feature freeze and work on bug fixes for a period.

I'm using Gambas 2.x for some time now, but I want to have new v4l2 and
other goodies, but it must be a stable version.
One that compiles without problems on major distro's and has valid
prerequisites.
Maybe it was a better plan to make Gambas3 fork off to a stable one just
before the major work was done on supporting qt4?

Don't get me wrong, you are doing a hell of a job on getting the new gfx
libs working, and it looks very very nice, but I think that the gap is
becoming too big between stable and development version.

What are your thoughts about this?

And did anyone made a list about things you need to change in your code,
when you want to switch over?
Can you install/run both versions on a development system without
getting into trouble somewhere?

Regards,
Ron_2nd.