[Gambas-user] Can I use the mousewheel to control system audio volume?

Stefano Palmeri rospolosco at ...152...
Sun Jul 12 11:31:07 CEST 2009

Il domenica 12 luglio 2009 03:55:12 Marc Carson ha scritto:
> Stefano Palmeri wrote:
> > Il domenica 12 luglio 2009 01:30:26 Stefano Palmeri ha scritto:
> >> PUBLIC SUB Form_MouseWheel()
> >>

> >>   SELECT CASE Mouse.delta
> >>
> >>     CASE 1
> >>         PRINT "mouse wheel up"
> >>     CASE -1
> >>          PRINT "mouse wheel down"
> >>
> >>   END SELECT
> >>
> >> END
> >
> > I forgot about SHIFT+CTRL:
> >
> > PUBLIC SUB Form_MouseWheel()
> >
> >   IF Mouse.Control AND Mouse.Shift THEN
> >
> >     SELECT CASE Mouse.delta
> >
> >       CASE 1
> >           PRINT "mouse wheel up"
> >       CASE -1
> >            PRINT "mouse wheel down"
> >
> >     END SELECT
> >
> >   ENDIF
> >
> > END
>
> Thanks, Stefano. That part works for me. It seems to require the form to
> have focus, though. Is there a way to make it work globally, regardless
> of which application has focus?
>
> aumix doesn't work for me, unfortunately. Maybe it's because I use
> pulseaudio? I can execute the command, but the volume doesn't change.
>
> Marc

Yes, it only works if the app has the focus. I don't know how to
make it work globally.

Yes, it seems that aumix doesn't manage directly pulseaudio, but
here:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio

they say that you can use aumix with a pulseaudio tool:

padsp aumix

so the command should be:

SHELL "padsp aumix -v 100" WAIT

Ciao,