[Gambas-user] Comments on User Constructed Code Tree

richard terry rterry at ...1946...
Sun Jul 12 03:23:57 CEST 2009

I'd recommend anyone using Gambas 2.99 to upgrade to the version allowing a
user constructed directory tree.

Builds 1990, 2105, 2106 see quite stable, I've been using the 2106 all morning
(one gotcha - be careful what you delete - there is a bug in the delete key in
the ide - it can sometime want to delete your entire file).

This change to the heirachical structure of the files in my project, where I
can group common modules/classes/forms has made a ***HUGE*** difference to
the usablity of the gambas IDE. It saves me mega amounts of time having to
scroll up and down the tree to find my files.

i'm running svn on this and again, it works well,

But be aware that the first time you upgrade your project to this ability it
wll auto-change your existing directory structure.

Thanks benoit - fabulous work.

Regards

Richard