[Gambas-user] extend group property

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jul 3 19:37:37 CEST 2009

> is it possible to extend the use of group property to not just share event
> between control ?
>
> I know some programming tools on windows that they allow a control to set
> multiple group . their group provide more function .
>
> group can be use to assign same property of controls .
> for example I have 3 button and 3 textbox with same group call gr_test .
>
> I can call the same property from these control using group .
>
> gr_test.visible = false
> or
> gr_test.enable = false
>
> this is very useful and safe alot of work .
>
> I hope to see this in  future release

This is not possible. The group notion does not exist in the interpreter.

But you can do it yourself with Gambas code, by creating a class for that.
This class would be a container of Controls, and will have most of the Control
properties. When a property is read or write on the container class, it will
be read or write on all of the controls put in it.

Benoît