[Gambas-user] How to show a form with keyboard shortcut

Benoît Minisini gambas at ...1...
Fri Jul 3 12:04:25 CEST 2009

> Hi all,
>
> I'm developing a small app that always stays on the notification
> area (with trayicon).
>
> In this app, I'm trying to show a form with keyboard shortcut,
> like steps below.
>
> 1) Run application. (But don't show a form, Minimized in
>    notification area)
> 2) Press keyboard shortcut (like Control+Space)
> 3) Then popup a form
>
> But I could't find a way to do it yet.
>
> Is it possible to show a form with keyboard shortcut eyen though
> there is no visible form?
>
> I'm using gambas2-2.14.0.
>
> Regards,
>
> ---
> Kazutaka HARADA

> Power up the Internet with Yahoo! Toolbar.
> http://pr.mail.yahoo.co.jp/toolbar/

You can't if you don't have the focus. What you need is a global shortcut,
which is managed by your desktop environment, or a special program.

For example, in KDE, there is a control panel entry for configuring them.

Benoît